The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism (the Prize) is one of our initiatives. Introduced in 2013, the program recognises micro and small to medium sized tourism businesses in Queensland that have introduced a innovative product, service or process.
The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism aims to:
- Recognise and reward innovation and growth across the Queensland tourism industry
- Provide an opportunity for businesses to showcase their innovative ideas, projects and processes
- Encourage product development and improved customer service
- Reinforce the value of continual innovation within the industry
The Prize includes three categories for tourism operators, and businesses that work with tourism operators, to choose from:
- Prize for Innovation (a small to medium enterprise, operating for more than 3 years)
- Prize for Innovation Up and Coming Innovator (a new small to medium enterprise, operating for less than 3 years)
- Industry Collaborator (any size business that impacts the tourism industry, operating for more than 3 years)
2018 Key Dates
- Monday 11 June 2018: nominations open (NOMINATE HERE!)
- Friday 31 August 2018: nominations close and submissions due by 5pm
- August/September 2018: judging of entries
- Thursday 27 September: Winners and runner-ups announced
How To Enter
To enter, businesses must first submit a nomination by purchasing a 'ticket'
. Nominations will be accepted up until Friday 31 August, the due date for written submissions.
Following the nomination, entrants are asked to provide a written submission on or before Friday 31 August.
For more information please refer to:
Category 1: Prize for Innovation winner
Courtesy of the Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry and the Commonwealth Games, the winner will receive a prize package to the value of $30,000 of business support. The prize package will comprise of stages 1 and 2 of the Velocis program which will be delivered by the Australian Institute for Commercialisation (AIC). The components of the program include:
- A business review with experts in strategy, branding and design innovation
- A fitness report on outcomes of the review and recommendations for future business improvements
- Action planning to prioritise critical business issues identified in the fitness report
- Mentoring sessions with a professional expert in either strategy, branding or design innovation
- As part of the prize package the winner will also receive $3000 worth of travel for flights and accommodation to a destination of their choice (domestic or international) to undertake a business familiarisation to support the implementation of their action plan. We will liaise with the winner and the VELOCIS team to plan a suitable itinerary.
The winner must complete the VELOCIS program and use the travel by 30 June 2019.
Category 1: Prize for Innovation runner-up
Courtesy of Small Business Solutions TAFE Queensland, the runner up will receive Build a Better Business Workshop and Mentoring at the value of $400.
The program includes:
- Team of expert business mentors guide you through critical periods of business development and arm you with the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to clarify your idea and move into the next stage of business growth.
- 5 x 3 hour workshops to develop ideas, address knowledge gaps, and increase confidence
- 2 hour one-on-one mentoring session to implement strategies, build your business, set priorities and asses knowledge gaps
The runner up will be mentioned and recognised in media releases, QTIC communication and on our website.
Proudly Supported By
Contributes to the following SDG: