This page overviews the programs, funded by the Queensland Government's Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development and developed in consultation with QTIC, Tourism and Events Queensland and the Regional Tourism Organisations.
These programs are designed to assist business owners in up-skilling and developing or enhancing competencies across a number of areas. These programs will assist businesses to become more competitive, adaptive and resilient, so visitors can enjoy a consistently high standard of experience across the state.
The programs are available to all tourism businesses in Queensland. Priorities for 2018-19 are:
- Digital skills
- Trade development
Programs on offer 2018-19:
Please click on the buttons below to register your interest for participating in their respective programs. If you are interested in both programs please fill out both forms.
Digital Ready aims to develop understanding and skills in digital marketing, media and digital channels. By the end of this program, business owners will have increased their business opportunities by understanding and implementing effective online engagement with visitors.
Tourism businesses participating in the Digital Ready Program will be able to access a range of services and advice including:
- The online Digital Scorecard to help identify ways to improve digital capability
- An online digital health check with recommendations for making improvements
- Participate in regional workshops
- Access to mentoring with digital experts
Workshops will be held across Queensland covering the following topics:
- Web Basics
- Be Bookable Online
- Increase Your Website Traffic
- Planning Your Online Strategy
- Online Marketing for Events
- Maximising Facebook
- Maximising Instagram
- Online Review and Reputation Management
When you click the "Register Your Interest" button you will be redirected to a Sign In page. If you are new to the QTIC website, please switch to the "Register" tab to create a FREE account. If you are a QTIC member or have a QTIC website account please sign in. You will then be able to complete your EOI for the Digital Ready program.
The Trade Ready program will vary between regions. The aims of the program are to assist businesses in understanding key principles of tourism marketing and distribution (either domestically or internationally). It will assist in building understanding around product offering and packaging opportunities and how to engage with distribution channels.
Depending on the regional needs, the program will deliver some of the following key topics:
- Understand key principles of domestic and international distribution channels
- Preparation of rate and factsheets
- Engaging with Trade partners
- Presenting to Trade, and sales skills covering a range of stakeholders
- Packaging and bundling product
- Pricing, commissions and rates
- Assistance with trade contract execution
When you click the "Register Your Interest" button you will be redirected to a Sign In page. If you are a QTIC member or have a QTIC website account please sign in. If you are new to the QTIC website, please switch to the "Register" tab to create a FREE account. You will then be able to complete your EOI for the Trade Ready program.